Ingredients ( Serve 2 ~ 4 )
- 400 – 500 g Pork Shank Bones
- 1 Green Papaya ( About 600 g )
- 1 Snow Fungus
- 6 – 8 Hard Candied Dates
- 76 g Bulbus Lilii
- 76 g Sweet Apricot Kernels
- 20 g Bitter Apricot Kernels
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- 3000 ml Water
1. Soak snow fungus, bulbus lilii, sweet & bitter apricot kernels in cold water for 1 hour of above
2. Peel papaya, remove seeds, cut into chunks
3. Put pork shank bones into a pot of cold water. Bring to a boil and drain well, set aside
4. Cut snow fungus into chunks, remove the yellow parts of the roots. Put together with sweet & bitter apricot kernels in boiling water. Simmer for few minutes, drain and set aside. Use another pot to simmer bulbus lilii and hard Chinese dates for few minutes, drain well.
5. Added 3500 ml of hot water into a large pot, bring to a boil. Add all the ingredients exclude bulbus lilii because it will dissolve quickly. Reduce to low heat and simmer the soup for at least 1 hour. 30 minutes before finished cooking, add bulbus lilii. Add pinch of sea salt before serve.