- 80 g Unsalted Butter
- 40 g Maple Syrup
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan Salt
- 1/4 tsp Homemade Vanilla Extract 1/4 ( DIY Vanilla Extract Click Here )
1. Butter in soften in room temperature before cooked.
2. Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Mix in the maple syrup. Keep stirring and scraping the bottom of the pan continuously until 80ºC.
3. The exact cooking temperature isn’t critical with this recipe, but ideally the mixture reach between 80°C ~ 100°C. The longer you cook the syrup, the crunchier it will be. For very crunchy popcorn, stop cooking when you see the first wisps of smoke coming from the mixture.
4. Add salt and vanilla extract if you like. Stir until combined a thick glossy sauce. Slowly pour the caramel sauce over the popcorn while stirring the popcorn. Continue stirring the sauce into the popcorn until all of the kernels are coated.