Stovetop Caramel Popcorn Recipe
點這裡免費訂閱肥丁 YouTube 頻道 https://goo.gl/rBq3rJ
Make your own fresh popcorn with heavy-bottomed pot deep on stovetop is easy and magical. Try this method and you will never buy microwave popcorn again.
- 200 g Organic Pop Corn 200 g
- 1 ~ 2 tbsp Hazel Nut Oil ( Any kind of vegetable oil, nuts oil, brown butter that can withstand hight heat )
- Stainless Steel Heavy-bottomed pot with lid
1. To get rid of unpopped kernels before making the popcorn, pour the popcorn into a deep cup and shake it a few times so the kernels fall to the bottom. Then use a measuring spoon to scoop the popped popcorn into a second bowl, leaving the kernels behind.
2. Add the oil to a heavy-bottomed pot over medium high heat until you can see the smoke. Add popcorn to the pot shake to coat with oil, and put the lid on the pan. After 3 ~ 5 minutes, when the kernels pop, turn to low heat, remember DON’T open the lid ! shaking the pan occasionally, until the popping slows. Empty the popped corn immediately into a large heat-proof bowl.
3. It may takes 5 ~ 10 minutes to finish popping, depends on the heat, amount of popcorn inside the pot and its quality. Gently shake the pot over the heat source to prevent the kernels from burning. You can’t hear many moving against the bottom of the pan.
4. Continue shaking until most kernels have popped. Turn off the heat and continue to shake – a few stragglers will pop. When the popping stop, open the lid. Empty the popped corn immediately into a large heat-proof bowl. Dress the finished product while it’s still warm so the popcorn will better absorb butter, oil, and spices.
Dressing for 150 ~ 200 g Popcorn
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to a week. Warm the popped corn in oven 80ºC ~ 100ºC for 10 minutes to be crunchy again.