30-minutes baked beet chips infused with balsamic vinegar and honey. Salty, crispy, simple and perfect for snacking on the go. They are light and healthy, with a fresh garden flavor and fabulously crunchy texture.
- 2 Beet Root ( 250 g Each )
- 1 tsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Honey
- Punch of Himalayan Salt
1. Remove leaves and rinse under running water. Scrub the beets well with a veggie brush and cut off the tops. Use a mandolin slicer to slice the beets paper-thin. When the beet slices are this thin, there is no need to peel them first. Hold the root end while dragging the beets across the mandolin and watch your finger tips closely.
2. Place the beet slices in a large bowl and add some salt over the top. Toss well. Let the beets sit in the salt until they release there natural juices, about 15-20 minutes, then drain off the liquid. This is what allows them to retain a better shape and colour.
3. Add balsamic vinegar and honey, toss the beets again. Lay the slices out in a single layer on the prepared baking sheets. Brush oil onto the slices.
4. Preheat oven to160ºC. Bake for 150ºC for 5 minutes, lower the oven to 100ºC ~ 110ºC and bake for 20 ~ 25 minutes until crisp, but not brown. Remove the beet chips from the oven and cool completely before storing in an air-tight container.