Simple, 3 ingredient Homemade Nutella that’s vegan and gluten free ! It is very quick and easy to put together, without refined sugars or other processed ingredients.
- 200 g Hazelnuts
- 4 tbsp Demerara Raw Cane Sugar
- 2 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1 ~ 2 tsp Hazelnuts Oil or Vegetable Oil
1. Sterilsed glass jar in boiling water for 10 minutes. Dry with hairdryer or oven. Set aside
2. Lay hazelnuts on a baking tray. Insert the baking tray in the oven preheated to 150°C, and leave the nuts in for 10 ~ 15 minutes, stirring them every 5 minutes or so. They are done when they are fragrant, skin cracked and glistening. Because the husk is pretty dark, it can be hard to tell if it’s starting to turn black and burn, so if you’re unsure, it’s best to err on the side of under-roasted. Transfer the hazelnuts to a big jar, collecting them delicately from the towel with my cupped hands and making sure as little of the skin flakes come with.
3. Put the skinned hazelnuts into a stronger power blender, no need to add oil. If you are using a less powerful machine, you may add some oil. Grind the hazelnuts. Process for 2 to 3 minutes until the hazelnuts form a crumbly paste. Scraping down the sides as necessary, until the mixture forms a thick and fairly smooth paste. Make sure not over heated your machine. Hazelnuts are easy to grind. I use Blecdtec, speed 6, 40 seconds 2 times.
4. Add cocoa powder and raw cane sugar, blend at low speed until fully mix and smooth
5. Transfer the finished Nutella into the sterilised jar. It will become thicker when cooling down in the fridge. If you like more liquid form, you may consider to add vegetable oil, blend with a mixer and stored in the jar.
- Homemade Nutella can keep in the refrigerator for about 1 month