? Subscribe YouTube https://goo.gl/rBq3rJ
I use Condensed Milk a lot in my baking. If you are dairy free and or like vegan baking it is the same recipe but using soymilk, nut milk or rice milk rather than dairy milk. It is just an easy to make it tastes great.
Ingredients （Makes 190 ml )
- 500 ml Unsweetened Soy Milk
- 200 ~ 250 g Demerara Raw Cane Sugar or Coconut Sugar (Low GI)
For vegetarian, you may use also use rice milk, nut milk instead of milk
1. The sterilized glass bottle in boiling water and dry in the oven or using an electrical hair dryer
2. Mix sugar and soymilk together in a heavy-bottomed saucepan.
3. Stirring often, bring to a low simmer over medium-low heat. As soon as steam starts lifting off the soymilk, lower the heat even further, and when the sugar is entirely dissolved, put the heat as low as it can go.
4. Reduce the volume in the pot by approximately half. It takes about half an hours at very low heat to reduce to half of the liquid. You could speed it up a bit if you watch carefully and stir often.
5. Gently nudge a dollop of condensed milk with another teaspoon. If it has formed a skin on top that wrinkles a bit when pushed, it is done. If it is still quite liquid and the wooden spoon runs right through it, it’s not done yet.
6. When ready, remove from the heat and pour into a jar to cool. Let the condensed milk cool completely before putting on the airtight lid. Store in a jar in the fridge and it will last for a year. Don’t forget to label it.