Subcribe YouTube https://goo.gl/rBq3rJ
Gingerbread is so fun to make. When they come out and off the pan, the warm, gingery smell flows throughout the whole house. You can dip these treats in chocolate, or you can decorate all of them with natural colour icing.
Ingredients ( Makes 6 @ 4 x 10 cm + 10 @ 4.5 x 4.5 cm )
- 140 g Cake Flour
- 30 g Brown Caster Sugar or Demerara Raw Cane Sugar
- 30 g Canola Oil
- 30 g Clover Honey
- 10 g Molasses
- 25 g Eggs
- 1/8 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tbsp Orange Zest
Spice ( Mix the below and measure 1 tsp )
- 2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cloves
- 1/2 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp Ground Ginger
- White Chocolate & Dark Chocolate
- 30 g Icing Sugar + 1 ＆ 1/2 tsp Lukewarm Water ( White )
- 30 g Icing Sugar + 1/4 tsp Raspberry Juice + 1 & 1/2 tsp Lukewarm Water ( Red )
- 30 g Icing Sugar + 1 tsp Matcha Powder + 2 tspLukewarm Water ( Green )
- 70％ Black Chocolate
- Green & Black’s Organic White Chocolate
- White 30 g Icing Sugar + 1 tsp Water
- Pink 30 g Icing Sugar + 1 & 1/2 tsp Water ＋ 1/2 tsp Freeze-dried Raspberry Powder
- Orange 30 g Icing Sugar ＋1 & 1/2 tsp Water＋ 1/2 tsp Carrot Powder
- Yellow 30 g Icing Sugar ＋1 & 1/2 tsp Water＋ 1/2 tsp Pumpkin Powder
- Green 30 g Icing Sugar +1 & 1/2 tsp Water ＋ 1 tsp Matcha Powder
- Purple 30 g Icing Sugar +1 & 1/2 tsp Water ＋ 1 tsp Purple Sweet Potato Powder
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine brown sugar, oil, honey, molasses, orange zest, salt and spice, mix well and stand for 5 minutes.
2. Add egg and blend with electronic egg beater for 2 minutes until the mixture become light brown in colour.
3. Sift in plain flour and baking soda. Roll into a dough. Transfer to the table, tip the dough out, knead briefly until smooth. Don’t over knead.
4. Preheat the oven to 160°C
5. Roll the dough to 6 mm thickness on a lightly floured surface. The dough may be sticky, so keep turn over when rolling over it. Try not to sprinkle too much flour.
6. Line baking try with parchment paper or baking sheet. Using cutters, cut out the gingerbread men shapes and place on the baking tray, leaving a gap between them.
7. Slightly brush cookie surface with milk. Bake for 13 ~ 15 minutes depends on size of the cookie , or until lightly golden-brown. Remove to wire racks; cool completely. Decorate cooled cookies with icing or chocolate as desired. Store cookies in airtight container up to5 days.
For the Decoration
1. Melt white and black chocolate in two separate bowls. Place over a pot of boiled hot water until the chocolate are melt and smooth.
2. Dip the head, hands and foot of the cooled cookies into the melted white chocolate, let it dry and follow by black chocolate.
3. Making the icing. Mix icing sugar, raspberry juice or matcha powder. Gradually added water until the icing is smooth. If it is too dry, add some more water. The consistency should be thick like paste. Use a piping bag with a small tip to draw whatever shape or pattern on the cookie.