These roasted chickpeas are crunchy and spicy, plus a tasty and healthy snack. Just toss them with a little oil and some spices, then roast in the oven until crunchy. They’ll stay crispy for a few days stored in air-tight containter at room temperature.
- 300 g Cooked Chickpeas 300 g (How to Cooked Chickpeas Click Here)
- 1/4 tsp Hymalayan Salt
- 1/2 tsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Fresh Grated Curry Mix ( Homemade Curry Mix Click Here )
- 1/4 tsp Ground Cumin
1. Pat your chickpeas very dry with kitchen paper. You want every drip of water off of your beans. Any remaining moisture will prevent them from getting crunchy during the roasting process. You may also let it dry for half a day.
2. As you pat the chickpeas dry, you’ll find that their skins may easily be coming off on your paper towel. That’s fine! It is even more crunchy if the outer skins are removed. If you wish to take the time to remove the skins, feel free.
3. Roast chickpeas before adding spice and oil in the 100ºC for 10 minutes first. This little trick helps them get crunchier.
4. Mix the spice. Take the slightly roasted chickpeas from the oven, toss it throughly with salt, spice and oil.
5. Preheat oven to 160ºC and stick the beans in for 40 ~ 60 minutes depends how much beans you have.
7. Turn the oven off, crack the door open slightly, and leave the beans inside as the oven cools down. Sitting in the oven as it cools down, rather than sitting at room temperature, will help the beans get crunchier.
8. Stored in air-tight containter at room temperature. Few days later, if it is not crunch any more, baked it at 100ºC for 10 minutes it will become crunchy again.