你的關注給我最大的鼓勵，訂閱肥丁 YouTube 頻道
Have you heard about Aquafaba yet ? It’s the latest biggest thing in the vegan world. It is a revolutionary new vegan egg replacer which can be used in recipes like meringues, confectionery, and baked goods and one that may already be in your pantry. The next time you cook chickpeas, stop before pouring the brine down the drain because that’s Aquafaba !
Amazing recipe you can do from Aquafaba
- Simple Meringues
- Meringues pies
- Nougat and fudge
- Baked Alaska
Ingredients （ Makes 300 ml )
- 300 g Chickpeas ( Organic are Better )
- 1000 ml Water
1. Rise chickpeas and soak chickpeas with 500 ml water overnight in the refrigerator. They will plump up to almost 3 times in size so make sure your container is big enough.
2. After soaking, don’t drain the water. Add both soaked chickpeas and water to a pot. Add 500 ml more water so that chickpeas are covered by about 2 inches.
3. Bring to a boil, then reduce to simmer. Skim off any scum from the liquid. Cover with lid. Cook until beans are tender. This will take about 50 ~ 60 minutes. Begin checking beans around 35 – 40 minutes.
4. Pour the chickpeas liquid over a sieve to remove chickpeas from the water. Transport liquid to the pot again and let it simmer for another 15 miniutes to reduce the water. Let it cool and keep in the fridge, it can be stored for 2 ~ 3 days. When it is completely cool, the liquid should be thickdense and have a feel like egg whites. You can freeze it in a ice maker for longer time. Thaw before use.
- The cooked chickpeas can be use to make mashed chickpeas, churchy chickpea snacks or add to your soup.