? 點這裡免費訂閱肥丁 YouTube 頻道 https://goo.gl/rBq3rJ
Chamomile is one of the most ancient medicinal herbs known to mankind. Nearly end of fall, my Chamomile blossoms ! To celebrate I’ve made a special treat with this delightful autumn flowers. Let’s enjoy Chamomile in new and interesting ways with this creative recipe instead of drinking Chamomile tea.
( White ) （ Makes 10 ）
- 100 g Caster Sugar
- 40 g Corn Syrup
- 40 ml Water
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- 30 Fresh Chamomile flowers ( can substitute with dried chamomile from tea bag )
( Yellow ) （ Makes 10 ）
- 110 g Demerara Raw Cane Sugar
- 80 g Maltose
- 80 ml Water
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- 30 Fresh Chamomile flowers
- 200 g Icing Sugar
- 20 x 30 cm Baking Tray
- 20 lollipop sticks
- Candy Thermometer
1. To make your own candy mold, pour icing sugar into a baking pan with a lip. Create indentations with the bottom of a glass ( about 3 cm diameter ) or other flat-bottomed object. Set aside.
2. Stir together the sugar, corn syrup and water in a small saucepan and clip a candy thermometer to the side of the pan. Bring the mixture to a boil over high heat. Using a small pastry brush dipped in water, wash down the sides of the saucepan to prevent crystals from forming. Continue to heat without stirring until the bubbling mixture reaches the hard-crack stage 150°C. Remove pan from heat.
3. Work quickly, drop the candy mixture into molds to about 2/3 full. Carefully place a chamomile flower face down on the hot candy. Quickly pour just enough hot candy over the flower to cover the backside, encasing it completely in the candy. Place a lollipop stick in the candy. Allow the candy to harden, then remove from molds.
4. If using icing sugar to mold, you may choose to rinse off the excess sugar under a thin stream of warm water – either way, the flower will become more visible once the lollipop is being enjoyed. If you don’t eat immediately, don’t rinse with water until you do, wrap with a plastic bag and it can be kept for up to 2 weeks.
- Organic rose, lavender, jamine, osmanthus, garden nasturtium are also available. Eat only those flowers you are positive you can identify. Use organic, pesticide-free plants from nurseries and herb shops that offer organically grown flowers. Pick them from organic garden or your own.
- You can also use the dried one. Just remind that the decoration should not contain water.
- If you don’t mind the shape of lollipop is not a perfect circle, you can pour the candy mixture directly to the baking sheet to form circles. Space the lollipops 2 ~ 3 cm apart to guarantee they don’t run into each other.