Simple Quinoa Stuffed Bell Peppers made with just 7 ingredients ! Off course you can choose your own combinations. Full of fiber, protein, and big on flavour ! A healthy vegan and gluten free entree. The filling loaded with quinoa cooked in my homemade vegetable stock, carrots, red onion,kidney beans and corn. It becomes more delectable once its stuffed into the beautiful sweet bell peppers and roasted to perfection.
Ingredients（Serve 4 ）
- 4 Bell Pepper ( Green, Red, Yellow )
- 100 g Quinoa
- 100 g Red Onion
- 60 g Carrot
- 60 g Kidney Bean
- 60 g Corn Kernels
- Half Solo Garlic
- 250 ml Homemade Vegetable Broth （Homemade Vegetable Broth Powder Click Here）
- 1/2 tsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tsp Oyster Sauce
- 1 tsp Demerara Cane Sugar
- 1 & 1/2 tsp Ground Cumin
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- 2 tsp Oil
- 15 pcs Chinese Basil（ Optional ）
1. Soak quinoa in water for 15 minutes and drain well. Repeat for 3 times. Add fresh water to the soaked quinoa for anther 30 minutes to 1 hour for sprouting. The quinoa sprouts with nutritional benefits so it is worth waiting. Drain and set aside
2. Soak kidney bean and bring to boil over high heat until cooked. Drain and set aside
3. Rinse bell peppers, cut off the head using a knife, when the blade hit seed core, stop and you can easily pull out the stem together with seeds core.Then use a sharp knife to clean out the inside, removing any seeds and membrane. Reserved the stem for decoration and using the bell pepper cups will be serve as container
4. Peeled the skin of carrot and red onion, diced. Peel corn off the cob. Rinse Chinese Basil. Place the flat side of the knife on the clove and push down firmly. You want a quick, firm strike with the heel of your hand. You’ll hear a light crunch, chopped.
Tips on Chopping Onion
- Cut the Onion in half vertically, rinse in the water and peel the skin. Grasp the top with one hand and cut into about 1 cm slices vertically, leaving the top without cut. Rinse again. Then cut it perpendicularly and diced onion is done.
5. Heat some oil on the frying pan, add onion fry until fragrant smelt. Add carrot, kidney beans, corn kernels and minced garlic.
6. Add ground cumin and punch of sea salt. Mix well. Add quinoa, homemade vegetable stock , balsamic vinegar, oyster sauce and raw sugar. Cover with lid and simmer for 15 ~ 20 minutes until quinoa are cooked ( becoming transparent )
7. Preheat oven to 180ºC, line baking tray with aluminium foil and grease with some oil
8. Fill in the bell peppers with the cooked quinoa, cover with the stem. Bake for 20 minutes, topped with shredded basil leaves to serve