Rice Milk is a popular traditional Taiwanese breakfast drink. The nuttiness of the peanut complement very well with the rice fragrance. I use pine nuts instead of peanuts and taste really good too.
Ingredients（Makes 900 ml）
- 30 g Short Grain Rice
- 20 g Brown Rice
- 20 g Pine Nuts or Peanuts
- 150 ml Water for Soaking
- 700 ml Water for Cooking
- 4 tbsp Maple Syrup
1. Rinse brown rice and short grain rice. Drain out water. Chill it in the freezer for about 10 ~ 20 mins. Freezing rice can help breaking the cell walls of the rice and more easy for grinding.
2. Place pine nuts on the baking pan, preheat oven to 150°C and bake for 10 mins until you can smell nuts aroma. If you don’t have oven, you can also fried on wok.
3. Take out the freeze rice, combine with pine nuts, soak for 10 mins.
4. Blend the rice, pine nuts and the soaked water together in a food processor until smooth.
5. In a deep saucepan, bring 700 g water to a boil.
6. Add gradually the rice mixture to the boiling water, turn to low heat. Stir constantly until bring it boil again. Keep stirring and simmer for about 3 ~ 4 mins.
7. Add maple syrup, stir well and ready to serve. Stored it in the fridge up to 2 ~ 3 days. Bring it to boil before drinking.