These soft caramels have a creamy, chewy texture that melts in your mouth and never sticks to your teeth. They are easy to make at home with only 3 ingredients.
Ingredients（ Makes 55 ）
- 550 g Whipping Cream
- 80 g Demerara Cane Sugar
- 20 g Maltose or Honey
- Baking Pan 7.5 x 7.5 x 15 cm
- Baking Sheet 7.5 x 15 cm
- Wax Paper 55 @14 x 7 cm
1. Bring whipping cream, sugar and maltose to a boil in a large saucepan over high heat, stirring until sugar dissolves.
2. The mixture becoming thick and transparent, reduce heat to low; cook, stirring occasionally.
3. Until caramel reaches 100ºC degrees on a candy thermometer, it will caramelised speedy, keep stirring. Be careful not to spilt the caramel, it is very hot !
4. Continue stirring for about 15 ~ 20 minutes until the caramel reach 105ºC. Immediately remove caramel from heat.
5. Pour caramel onto a mold lined with baking sheet, and let stand, uncovered, let cool for about 2 hours.
6. Lifting by baking paper overhang, transfer caramel to a large cutting board. Cut into pieces, any shape you like; wrap each piece in waxed paper or cellophane. Stored in refrigerator for about half a year.