Nachos are a Tex-Mex dish from northern Mexico. The beloved Mexican dish of tortilla chips topped by melted Cheddar cheese and seasoned Nacho meat, and usually also laden with sour cream and guacamole. This recipe don’t include jalapeño peppers because I don’t eat spice, you can add anyway. It is often served as a snack. More elaborate versions add more ingredients and can be served as a main dish.
Beef Seasoning Mix （ Makes 3 tsp )
- 3 ~ 4 Stalk Fresh or Dry Oregano
- 1/4 tsp Cumin Seed
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder ( Homemade Garlic & Onion Powder Click Here )
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1/8 tsp Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Red Pepper Fakes ( Optional )
Sautéed Minced Beef
- 200 g Minced Beef 200 g
- 3 tsp Beef Seasoning Mix 3 小匙
- 1 tsp Demerara 1 小匙
- 1/2 tsp Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce 1/2 小匙
Corn Starch Gravy
- 1 tsp Cornstarch
- 1 tbsp Water
- 1 Avocado
- 1 tbsp Water
- 1 Tomatoes
- Mozzarella and Cheddar Mix
- Sour Cream
1. Prepare beef seasoning powder. Add fresh oregano, cumin seeds / powder, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, black pepper, salt and paprika into blender or food processor, grind into powder mix.
2. Beef diced, put into the blender to minced, add seasoning powder, sugar, Worcestershire sauce and cornstarch water, mix well. Marinate in the refrigerator for half an hour. In a frying-pan, heat 1 tsp of oil, add minced beef, cooked for a while, adjusted to a low heat, stir-fried until cooked, remove from heat, set aside.
3. Cut avocado in half, scoop out the flesh with a spoon, add together with water and blend until creamy
4. Dice Tomatoes.
5. In a plate, lay Corn Tortilla Chips, spread guacamole, covered with diced tomatoes, ground beef, and shredded Cheddar cheese.
6. Preheat oven to 140ºC, baked until the cheese melts, ready to serve.