Sesame Dressing is a mayo based dressing with a burst of sesame flavour that is popular for salad in Japan. It is very easy to make at home.
- 2 Eggs
- 80 ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Lime Juice
Japanese Style Sesame Dip
- 2 tbsp Homemade Sesame Paste
- 3 tbsp Light Soy Sauce
- 4 tsp Mirin
- 4 tsp Chinese Rice Vinegar
1. Place glass bottle into the boiling water and cook for 10 minutes, drying in 100ºC oven or use a electric hairdryer
2. Place egg yolk into the hand blender container, start high-speed whisking, gradually add olive oil, the egg and oil will emulsify into a thick and creamy mayonnaise, add lime juice, mix well
3. Pour mayonnaise into a glass bottle, gradually add sesame paste, light soy sauce, mirin and rice vinegar, mix well. Seasoning’s flavour may varies to different brands, therefore add little to taste. Stir all ingredients well. Stored in the refrigerator, shelf life about 1 week.
- Fresh Eggs is a MUST
- 40 ml soy milk or almond milk can replace egg yolk if you don’t eat eggs. Beat soy milk and lemon juice first and gradually add oil