Crunchy, sweet and sinfully additive peanut brittle. If you’ve never tried the Chinese candy made with sesame seeds and peanuts, you’re really missing out !
Ingredients ( Makes 30@ 2 x 7 cm )
- 350 g Unsalted Peanut
- 15 g White Sesame Seeds
- 150 g Demerara Raw Cane Sugar
- 160 g Maltose
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 200 g Water
1. Crack the peanuts shell, spread peanuts on baking pan, together with white sesame in a stainless steel bowl, bake in oven 100°C for about 20 minutes. Remove the nuts from the oven. When the peanut is slightly cool, remove the skin and break it into half. Return to oven at 100°C, keep warm.
2. In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, salt, water and maltose. Bring to a rapid simmer over medium-high. Stop stirring when the sugar dissolved, turn to low heat.
3. Cook until deep golden to about 160°C, about 10 minutes. Remove pan from heat. Stir in warm peanuts and white sesame. Work quickly, transfer to the prepared baking sheet. Cover with silicon mat and roll it to about 1 cm thickness. The brittle is very HOT, don’t touch with hands.
4. Cut into pieces when the brittle still a little bit warm. Let cool until firm. Packed individually in small plastic bag. The brittle can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 months.