This amazing, savoury, cheesy scones might recognised as a rich version of cheddar biscuits. You don’t really have to care what it call them as long as you make them for someone special.
- 250 g Cake Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 30 g Unsalted Butter
- 30 g Parmesan Cheese ( Shredded )
- 150 ml Fresh Milk
- 15 ml Lemon Juice
- 1 stalk Rosemary ( Optional )
1. Mix 150 ml milk with 1 tbsp lemon juice, set for 5 minutes.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine plain flour and baking soda. Sift before use, add sea salt and stir to combine.
3. Take butter from refrigerator. Cut into cubes, use fingertips rub the butter cubes into the flour until the mixture looks like a bit like coarse crumbs and the larger pieces of butter are about the size of peas.
4. Preheat oven to 180ºC.
5. Add the shredded cheeses to the flour mixture and stirred in before the milk is added.
6. Use a rubber or wooden spatula. Mix until all the flour has been incorporated and the dough gathers together into a big shaggy ball. Knead it a couple times to bring it all together, but don’t worry about the dough being completely smooth. The key is to work the dough as little as possible.
7. On the baking sheet, divide the dough in half. Shape into circles, about 3 cm thick. Cut each circle into 8 equal pieces. Bake the scones at 170ºC for about 15 ~ 20 minutes or until the edges have turned golden brown. Move them to a wire rack to cool for a few minutes before eating. Serve warm or at room temperature.