Easy, fast and delicious recipe for Japanese clams steamed in Sake and Kombu stock.
- 1 Kg Clam
- 1000 ml Water
- 250 ml Sake ( Fine with Rice Wine or White Wine )
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 3 tbsp Mirin
- 5 g Katsuobushi
- 5 g Kombu
- 1 tbsp Diced Spring Onion
1. Fill a medium bowl with cold water and add 1 tsp of salt. Add the clams and let stand for 1 hour. Drain the clams and rinse them well.
2. Get some fresh water, brush the surface of clams with toothbrush, drain well.
3. Rinse kombu and soak until soft, sliced. In a deep saucepan, add katsuobushi, sliced kombu and 1000 ml water, bring to a boil, reduced heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
4. Diced spring onion.
5. Sthe katsuobushi and kombu stock sieve, pour the stock back into the saucepan, add in sake, soy sauce, mirin and bring to a boil.
6. Add clams and spring onion and bring it to a boil. Skim off any scum from soup. Cover the saucepan tightly and cook until all the clams have opened and serve.