Cutely pumpkin shape rice ball is prepared by steaming. These rice cakes can be filled with red bean paste.
Ingredients ( Makes 14 @22 g )
- 150 g Pumpkin
- 70 g Glutinous Rice Flour
- 20 g Wheat Starch
- 1 tsp Rice Flour
- 1 tsp Demerara Raw Sugar
- 3 tbsp Water
- 14 Raisins
1. Chop pumpkin into big chunks. Place in a heat proof bowl. Steam for 15-20mins. Scape pumpkin out of the skin with a spoon and mash with a fork. Discard skin. Cut 10 baking paper to square size 5 x 5 cm and set aside.
2. Combine glutinous rice flour, rice flour and wheat starch in a mixing bowl. Add half of the flour mixture to the warm pumpkin puree and knead into a dough. Add the other half flour mixture. Knead the dough until it is not sticky to hands. If the dough is too dry and easy to crack, add some more water. Don’t make the dough too hard or too soft.
3. Roll the dough into long strip and cut to 14 equal portions, each weight about 22 g. Shape it too a oval ball. Press 6 curved line by using a the back of the knife. Insert a raisin at the top of each ball. Place a square baking paper at the bottom of each ball. Arrange them on tray of a steamer, leave enough space between each ball.
4. Steam over boiling water for about 8 mins. The rice ball will be very sticky when it is hot. Be patient, serve after cool.